The OUTWOOD Story

The history of Outwood was researched by St. Anselm’s College Heritage & Historical Research Society as part of a HLF Young Roots Project.

1862: The Outwood House foundation stone was laid by Mrs Catherine Segar, the wife of Halsall Segar. Halsall was a Liverpool corn merchant and the first owner of Outwood.

1872: Outwood was sold to Joshua Milne Heap, a wealthy Liverpool rice miller. It was the Heap family home for more than fifty years.

1931: Outwood was sold to the Congregation of Christian Brothers.

1933: St Anselm’s College was erected in the grounds.

2011: Purchased by St. Anselm’s College Edmund Rice Trust to provide St. Anselm’s Sixth Form Centre.

the outwood story web by on Scribd